Signify reminds consumers of the savings switching to LED bulbs can make for pockets and the planet!
After weathering the holiday months and the new year festivities, don’t letrising energy bills darken your winter. While switching suppliers or turning down the heating are obvious ways to save on energy, the impact of your choice of lighting within the home is often overlooked.
Signify, formerly Philips Lighting and the world leader in lighting, reveals how one simple switch to energy efficient LED lighting could help -consumers make considerable winter energy savings for themselves, and for the planet.
On average, a UK home has 10 halogen bulbs on for 2.7 hours a day and with the current lack of natural sunlight and longer darker evenings, keeping the room lit up for longer can be tempting, but could be costly.
Whether LED bathroom lights or LED kitchen lights, Philips LED bulbs, use up to 80% less energy compared to their halogen counterparts. By making the switch to LED and using the Philips LED savings converter, individuals can work out how to save a minimum of £112 a year. That’s enough savings to grant the average UK family two weeks’ worth of free grocery shopping.
Steve Wrapson, Head of Product Marketing at Signify UK & Ireland, said:
“The gradual ban on halogen bulbs demonstrates a Europe-wide commitment to energy saving and reducing our carbon footprint. Not only does this present an opportunity for households to benefit from reduced energy bills, it introduces consumers to the array of colour, quality and design options when switching to LED.”
Technical developments now allow for a vast array of options when it comes to LED, offering a breadth of colour temperatures and designs to personalise any home. Philips LED SceneSwitch, for example, offers three dimming settings in the one bulb without the need for a dimmer. Philips LED lights come in a wide variety of shapes and use up to 80% less energy than conventional bulbs. Philips LED bulbs are available nationwide from Amazon, Wickes, B&Q andScrewFix.
For more information about the LED bulbs please visit https://www.lighting.philips.co.uk/consumer/led-lights.
For your chance to WIN £150 worth of Philips LED bulbs please click the competition link below! Good luck!
***The administrator of this competition is Homefocus Magazine ("administrator"). By participating in the competition, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Administrator is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the competition. Entrants should look solely to Administrator with any questions, comments or problems related to the Competition. Administrator may be reached by email at email@example.com during the Promotion Period.
* This giveaway will close at 12.00am, 17th June 2019.
* The prize is £150 worth of LED Bulbs from Phillips! The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable. There is no cash alternative.
* Open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Administrator, the sponsor, their families and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
* There is one compulsory entry which requests that to enter the competition you answer a question based on the throw. Additional entries are available.
* The prize winner will be asked to provide their email address so that contact can be made to arrange prize delivery, and their name and county be published in the next issue of the magazine
* By entering the competition, you grant the Administrator permission to add your details to the mailing list, share your email address and any other personally identifiable information with the other competition Entities for the purpose of administration and prize fulfillment, including use in a publicly available Winners list.
* Entries will only be accepted as instructed and any entrant that does not complete the qualifying requirements will be disqualified
* The winners will be chosen using the random entry selector built into the widget.
* The winners will be informed by email within 5 days of the closing date, and must respond within 5 days to claim their prize. If there is no response within the 5 days and new winner will be drawn at random.
*This prize draw is governed by English law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising in connection with it.