If you’re planning a decorating project and want to ensure you pick the rights hues for your home, then try the ColorReader – a decorating gadget which avoids picking the wrong shade of paint which will make your heart sink instead of lifting your mood.
Smaller than a deck of cards, ColorReader is an ultra-portable, Bluetooth® connected color selection device that works in conjunction with the ColorReader mobile app to precisely identify colors based on the NCS® 1950 and RAL® Classic, Design and Effect color standards.
Users can create and manage color palettes by saving and sharing paint colors.
With industry-leading color matching performance, ColorReader saves users valued time and money by matching color instantly and accurately, removing the subjective guesswork that comes with traditional fan decks.
The ColorReader allows you to find a palette of complementary colours, which will let you compare and contrast different styles and different variations of colour and save them for future reference. It's a great gadget which is ideal for decorating and design.
It’s even been described as “a fabulous tool” in a review by Forbes, which added: “The problem with using a smartphone to accurately record color is that they aren’t very accurate. Things like the amount of light entering a room, the color temperature of the light, and reflected color can affect the accuracy. There is a nice little app from Pantone that uses a smartphone’s camera to try to match a color to a Pantone swatch number, but available light will always be the big variable and affect the result.
“Previously, if you want to get an accurate reading of color, you had to rely on using a colorimeter or fans of printed color swatches for reference, then you’d need to trust your eyes in order to assess the color accurately. Now there’s a third way to record color accurately when you’re on the move.”
To be in with a chance of winning a ColorReader from Datacolor (RRP £119) click on the Rafflecopter link here:
***The administrator of this competition is Homefocus Magazine ("administrator"). By participating in the competition, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Administrator is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the competition. Entrants should look solely to Administrator with any questions, comments or problems related to the Competition. Administrator may be reached by email at email@example.com during the Promotion Period.
* This giveaway will close at 12.00am, 16th December 2019.
* The prize is a ColorReader decorating gadget worth £119. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable. There is no cash alternative.
* Open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Administrator, the sponsor, their families and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
* There is one compulsory entry which requests that to enter the competition you answer a question based on the ColorReader decorating gadget. Additional entries are available.
* The prize winner will be asked to provide their email address so that contact can be made to arrange prize delivery, and their name and county be published in the next issue of the magazine
* By entering the competition, you grant the Administrator permission to add your details to the mailing list, share your email address and any other personally identifiable information with the other competition Entities for the purpose of administration and prize fulfillment, including use in a publicly available Winners list.
* Entries will only be accepted as instructed and any entrant that does not complete the qualifying requirements will be disqualified
* The winners will be chosen using the random entry selector built into the widget.
* The winners will be informed by email within 5 days of the closing date, and must respond within 5 days to claim their prize. If there is no response within the 5 days and new winner will be drawn at random.
*This prize draw is governed by English law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising in connection with it.